I just talked to my family on the phone and it worked out really nicely. The first time we talked there was such a long delay between our conversation which was frustrating. If you would like to chat, my number is 011 82 10 7215 6543. I'd love to hear from any of you once in awhile - just remember that I'm 14 hours ahead, so try not to call when I'm sleeping! :)
This weekend we hung out with some other Redeemer Alumni - Nate and Maria (and Andrea and katy too!) The five of us made a fun group, but not for taxi rides - a little squishy!
We walked around a lot, but unfortunately I chose to wear shoes that have terrible support, so I have some blisters that will need healing! Oh well. I bought a nice pair of running shoes on the way home in a subway market for about $10. So I am much happier now. Buying shoes here is the hardest thing for a girl who wears size 10, so at least runners I can get even though they are mens...
This morning we went to the largest church in the world (well, that's what we were told!) I couldn't believe how many people there were. It was pretty surreal. We were able to listen to the service with a headset that translated the message into English. The choir was amazing and they even had an orchestra.
This week at school is a festival, so there will be performances and sports day and a field trip to a park - I only have to teach on Friday!!!!! YEAH!!! haha. Looking forward to the easier week and I've already prepared all my lessons for next week. It's great to be ahead of the game for once!
Inside the biggest church in the world!
A large gate, one of the first in Korea. Very historical monument, I think it was built in the 1300's. YIKES!
These are the pathetic excuses for shoes I wore for the weekend. Never again!

This is the group at Dunkin' Donuts enjoying some coffee drinks and bagels or donuts! We miss Tim Hortons! :)
Love to everyone back home reading this! Check out Katy's blog too, she has some more pics up from our weekend in Seoul.
3 comments:
Yeah! Thanks for weekend update! I am very glad you bought some sensible shoes! I know it is too cold for your cool sandles that you wore all through Europe! Sad.
Have a great week - sounds like you will! (Mary Lou)
What she said!! :)
Ron
Wow that is SOME church! Shoes to stand teaching in are not always the best for walking in a long time. Glad you could but something else! Sooooo good to talk with you again :)
Love Mom & Dad
Post a Comment